Getting your I-20 or DS-2019

Helpful Links:
-Funding your Education
International Student Services issues immigration documents to international students who have been admitted to the University of South Carolina and will be studying in a student visa status (F-1 or J-1). The I-20 Form (F-1) or DS-2019 Form (J-1)  is required prior to applying for a student visa.

VISA-visa pages rotating pic 2International Student Services will be notified of your admission and will contact you regarding your immigration document. If you will be applying for a student visa status (either F-1 or J-1), please submit the following forms and documents:

  • A scan of the biographical page of your passport
  • Financial Certification for nine months of study in the U.S.. If your bank does not complete the bottom portion of the form, you must submit a bank statement that is less than 6 months old. Please note that only liquid assets or may be counted towards financial certification (no stocks or bonds, for example). If the bank statement you are submitting does not have your name on it, please have whoever is sponsoring you complete the top portion of the Certification of Financial Support Form. You may send an email to for an exact estimate of expenses.
  • SEVIS Transfer-in Form (only for students already in the U.S. under F-1 or J-1 status).
  • Application for Immigration Document