Vaccines on campus
Student Health Services has been authorized to dispense the Moderna and the Johnson & Johnson COVID-19 vaccine. Those who are eligible to make an appointment can do so via MyHealthSpace.
Anyone can also access the vaccine through community vaccination sites nationwide, and we encourage you to make an appointment at a location near you.
While we can currently only administer the vaccine on our Columbia campus, appointments
are available to all eligible individuals in the UofSC System. Student Health Services
currently receives the Moderna and the Johnson and Johnson vaccine.
Boosters are here!
Students, faculty and staff are eligible to receive a vaccine booster on campus. Moderna and Johnson & Johnson booster shots are available at the Center for Health and Well-Being. See more information about boosters from Student Health Services.
How to upload your vaccination card to MyHealthSpace
Once you have been fully vaccinated – by receiving two doses of the Moderna or Pfizer vaccine, or one dose of the Johnson & Johnson vaccine – you should upload your completed vaccination card. If you get your vaccine administered through Student Health Services, you do not need to upload your proof of vaccination because your status will be automatically updated.
- Log into MyHealthSpace using your UofSC network username and password
- Click the Medical Clearances tab.
- Click the green Update button next to COVID Test/Vaccine.
- Attach a photo of your vaccine card or record.
- Enter your vaccination date(s) and choose which vaccine you received. Click Done.
- Your status should now say Under Review, and will change to Compliant after it is confirmed by Student Health Services.
How to schedule a campus vaccine appointment
Appointments can be made online through MyHealthSpace by following the below steps. If you would like to make an appointment by phone, call 803-576-8511 between the hours of 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. on weekdays.
- Go to MyHealthSpace, select your university designation and log in using your university username and password. Then, input your birth date.
- Select "Check in or Schedule an Appointment," then click "Schedule an Appointment."
- Select your university designation, and then click "Continue."
- Select "Schedule a COVID 19 Vaccine," and then click "Continue."
- Select which vaccine you would like to have administered, and then click "Continue."
- Confirm your contact information by clicking "Continue," and then provide your electronic signature for the vaccine consent form.
- Search for and select the appointment time that works best for you and then click "Continue."
- To finish the process, click "Confirm."
For any questions or concerns about coronavirus that have not been addressed on this page, please contact us using the form below.