|Department:||English Language and Literature
College of Arts and Sciences
PhD, Rhetoric and Composition – UofSC, 2022
MA, English – California Polytechnic State University, SLO, 2015
BA, American Studies – University of East Anglia, 2012
Areas of Specialization
Global Language Rights
• Reading and Writing About Human and Language Rights Conflicts (Honors, Maxcy, Capstone)
• Reading and Writing About Horror Sub-Genres (Capstone)
• Researching and Writing About Horror Creators (Honors, Capstone)
• Researching and Writing About Human and Language Rights Conflicts (Capstone)
• Researching and Writing About Contemporary Satire (Capstone)
ENGL 387/SPCH 387: Introduction to Rhetoric
ENGL 462: Technical Writing (Honors)
ENGL 463: Business Writing
Overall Doctoral Graduate Student Achiever Award, University of South Carolina 2022
First Year English Eliot Award for Graduate Teaching, University of South Carolina 2021
Outstanding Graduate Student Teaching Assistant Award, University of South Carolina 2021
Chapter in Edited Collection
• “James Moffett as Trans-Atlantic Nexus.” In James Moffett's Holistic and Spiritual Pedagogy: Toward a Re-emergence of the Student Centered. Ed. Marine, J.M., Rogers, P.M., Blau, S., K. Kelly.
• The Carolina Rhetoric for English 102, 5th edition. Lead Editor w/ Sebastian Ivy and Nicole Fisk. Plymouth, MI: Hayden-McNeil, 2019.
• The Carolina Rhetoric for English 102, 4th edition. Co-editor w/ Sebastian Ivy and Nicole Fisk. Plymouth, MI: Hayden-McNeil, 2018.
• Invited Speaker: “From Orientation to Graduation: An International GTA Perspective.” Center for Teaching Excellence, Columbia, SC. Sept., 2022
• “The Language Conflict Project: Perspectives on 21st century Ethnolinguistic Conflict.” Communication, Conflict and Peace Online Symposium, The Archbishop Desmond Tutu Centre for War and Peace Studies. June, 2022.
• “Extra Credit: Building Community in the Online Classroom.” Octoberbest, Center for Teaching Excellence, Columbia, SC. Sept., 2020.
• “Building A Trans-Atlantic Hospitable Relationship.” RSA, Portland, WA. May, 2020 (canceled due to COVID-19).
• “Trans-Atlantic Commonality.” CCCC, Milwaukee, WI. March, 2020 (canceled due to COVID-19).
• “A Call for Globalization.” CRC, Raleigh, NC. April, 2019.
• “Perspicuity of the Body and Mind: Campbell and Austin as Technical Communicators.” CRC, Clemson, SC. Feb., 2018.
• “Cover Art 65 Million Years in The Making: Jurassic Park as Paratext.” PCA/ACA in the South Conference, Savannah, GA. Oct., 2017.
• “Here Be Monsters: Mapping the Unknown.” CRC, Columbia, SC. Feb, 2017.
• “The Euphemistic Rise of The Sexual Love Song.” PCA/ACA National Conference, New Orleans, LA. April, 2015.
• “The Horror of Humanity.” UNR College of Liberal Arts Graduate Symposium, Reno, NV. March, 2015.
• “Who Convenes the Conference: Super-Heroic Satire in Rushdie’s Midnight’s Children.” PCA/ACA in the South Conference, New Orleans, LA. Oct, 2014.