Benefits of this Program
- 100% online
- Certificate after 12 credits for all MS students
- Capstone course that involves working with real clients
- Internship opportunities
- The ability to stand out in the workplace or hiring process
- Understand data and information gathering techniques, multiple data analysis approaches and master tools for data interpretation.
- Develop systems for data mining, selection, collection, regression, classification, clustering, and storytelling, integrating information and using theoretical and technical resources to design solutions.
- Understand and strategically respond to communication and ethical challenges in the digital domain.
- Apply theory and research methods to devel- op data-based strategy and gain insights for desired communication outcomes.
- Describe strategic planning processes and the various steps involved in developing, man- aging, implementing, and managing strategic communications.
30 Credit Hours: 7 Core + 3 Elective Courses
- Data and Digital Communication Fundamentals
- Knowledge Discovery Techniques (Data Science)
- Digital Law and Ethics
- Research Methods
- Strategic Communication
9 credits of electives at the 700 level or above. Advisors will help students select elective courses appropriate to their areas of professional interest.